lifestyle inflation and Fire consequences

 In the year 2012, I moved to Hyderabad for my graduation. When I was not earning, obviously I was dependent on my dad for my hostel fee, college fee, etc. I survived in Hyderabad excluding hostel fee with 3000 rupees. Of that 3000, 1500 for daily transport to college from hostel, and I would go home twice a week that would cost around 200. Remaining amount would go to eating out and buying books and entertainment purposes(There is a weekly theatre attached to my hostel).

This continued for next 3 years and in 2015, I got placed in Infosys. My investment journey is listed here.

I noticed that back in 2012, 3000 rupees were enough to meet my expenses but now after started earning 20k-30k per month which is 10x of my 2012 expenses, I still feel that I couldn't find any amount left over at the end of the month. This is all about lifestyle inflation.

Your lifestyle will continue to grow as your income grows until you forcefully restrict it to stay at the same level. This will hold true if you started to earn six figure income in Indian rupees or six figure income in USD. This will have awful consequences, especially if you are an employee. Because you are just one step away from getting poor if you continue with your Lifestyle inflation and don't invest in assets.

I wish I knew this back when I first received my income. I didn't have anyone to guide me as money is a big taboo. The purpose of this blog will be fulfilled even if one early individual has seen this post and understood how things work and change his Lifestyle and control his Lifestyle inflation for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of Money - Barter system

How much you should earn for every 100 rupees you spend

Evolution of Money - Coinage