How I started FIRE

My journey from being a student to a professional started on Aug 31 2015. I got selected for India's 2nd biggest IT company Infosys.
I was Posted to chennai from Mysore. Got into project as Middleware Admin. I got lot of free time. I used to watch YouTube. As I was earning, I wanted to see the ways by which I can increase my earnings.
I know my work and my worth. I didn't want anyone else to judge my capabilities and give me rating and then give me a rise in pay. So, I wanted to be in control of my finances.
My teachers are Robert Kiyosaki and Warren Buffett. Well more precisely Google and YouTube :P
Robert Kiyosaki taught me basic principles of personal finance like assets,liabilities and cashflow, while I learnt art of investing from Warren Buffett. 
I remember the day, when going through YouTube video of Robert kiyosaki, he asked to check my networth. List of assets under my name. I had zero assets except for bank balance. Warren Buffett was heavily into Bank of America. I got to know about CASA ratio's of bank. Current Account and Savings account ratio. I got to know that savings bank account balance is not an asset to us but it's an asset to bank.

Warren Buffett gave me the disadvantages of having high fee mutual funds and how they eat up our return in long run. So, I researched about the stock brokers in india and found zerodha, which was not popularly known as we know it today. And from there around August 2017 my investments into direct equities began so as my journey to financial freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of Money - Barter system

How much you should earn for every 100 rupees you spend

Evolution of Money - Coinage